It’s easy to think that the conventional approach of 'design, bid, and then build' is still the way to go—but at Dovetail, we know that a successful outcome requires a forward-looking, more comprehensive process driven by a broad range of pre-construction services that can change as design and client needs and priorities evolve.
We tailor our pre-construction and building process to your project, often assisting with:
- Evaluating the land’s “constructability” by providing insightful analysis and recommendations.
- Collaborating with design and engineering professionals to provide the best construction value with a design build approach.
- Ongoing advice to evaluate, maintain focus, and provide options to achieve budgetary and scheduling goals.
- Providing detailed ‘open book’ estimates and ‘critical path method’ schedules based on comprehensive historical information and current market conditions.
- Coordinating the critical systems such as mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (in conjunction with the architectural, engineering and structural design).
- ‘Value engineering’ the project design, and assessing systems and material costs to provide the optimal cost/benefit ratio.
- Managing the bidding and negotiation process with the best subcontractors and vendors in our marketplace.
- Providing comprehensive ‘turn-key’ general contracting and building services that surpass our clients' expectations.
- Overseeing cloud-based project management software that allows the entire team visibility to design documents, cost reporting, scheduling, submittals, requests for information, photos and more.
- Long-term follow up with our clients, to make certain that what we promised from the start continues to satisfy into the future.
To see examples of our process that have come to life, view to our Project Portfolio.